Project Sunapee is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization
FINE ARTS & CRAFTS EXHIBIT & SALE
Sunday October 12th ~ Noon to 4
The Pop-up Gallery at Historic Harbor House Livery
Main Street in Sunapee Harbor
Meet the skilled craftsmen who created each objet d'art.
Joyce Gale/Unique Ewe - Mittens, Christmas Stockings, Clothing
Cherie DeAugustinis - winner of "Best Mixed Media" award for her
whimsical sculpture @ 2014 League of Craftsmen Fair
Sunapee Graniteworks American Bead Collection
Christine Alexander's knitted wear crafted from homespun yarns.
Marie Wiggins/ Harbor Gallery brings fine & fancy needlework.
Chalk Pond Potters: Steve & Sue Russell
New this year: Emma Chase Artisan Jewelry Designs
Mal McLaughlin's wonderful painted wooden ornaments.
Debbie Campbell/ Beyond Design's Original cards & paintings ...
Potter Harry Gazelle ... and incredible sweet & savory edibles
Handmade in NH by Simple-Goodness!
Browse the art and choose a unique Holiday gift from the Gallery
Madi will be serving an "al fresco" picnic lunch under the tent
from the Hot Dog Wagon from 11:30 to 3.
Harbor House Livery Docents will share video of days gone by and
plans for the restoration and reuse this 1890 landmark building.
Where can you find Project Sunapee?
Down by the riverside ... as you cross over the Sugar River Covered Bridge. (Town requested PS to serve as fiscal agents for the project)
In the classrooms at SMHS ... Engaged in a panel on Feminism or Business Initiative/ or staging & serving at the Renaissance Fair.
Organizing "Imagine Sunapee 2020", a community forum @ Pete's Shed.
At Harbor House Livery ... presenting the FLASH BASH student Photography exhibit, sponsoring an Oral History project, the 8th Grade Prom & organizing the annual Columbus Day Arts & Crafts Exhibit & Sale.
Haunting in the Harbor on Halloween
Riding in a '37 Chevy truck in the 5th of July parade ... with our "Super Heroes" .. the SCES Championship Destination Imagination Team.
Hanging the students' Spring Art Show @ SCES
At Town Hall ... donating to and volunteering at the Food Pantry & helping Santa's elves around the Giving Tree.
In the Sherburne Gym @ Deliberative Session ... with refreshments.
On our knees ... setting granite stones in the Bridge walkways.
In the audience @ Northern Stage ... with SMHS Drama & Civics class.
"Sitting Pretty" @ Ruger's Mill .. auctioning Artist Adirondack Chairs.
Participating in Lake Sunapee Region Chamber of Commerce events.
Branding with Colby-Sawyer Graphic arts class to design our PS logo.
Extending Holiday greetings ... by donating greens and cherry red bows for the "Welcome to Sunapee" signs.
Featured in the pages of Kearsarge Magazine
Throwing a Party ...reveling in Gatsby-esque style to raise funds to further our mission of "Nurturing the roots of our community".
Celebrating our 4th Birthday & looking ahead to a great 5th year!
Extending an Invitation to "Riverfest 2" ... Fun, Food and Frolic at a Summer Celebration in the tradition of New England "Old Home Days"
Why do we do what we do? ... because PS is dedicated to supporting the vitality and well being of the Town of Sunapee by strengthening a sense of community, encouraging economic vitality, supporting education and preserving the cultural, historic and scenic assets of our community.
Won't you join us ... Volunteer time and talents to your Sunapee community by contacting PS at: email@example.com
It's a really good thing!
On April 15th, "Sunapee's Super Seven Dwarfs" presented their
award winning 'pitch' to the Project Sunapee Board.
Their project, compassion and efforts to end hunger in our communities by collecting foodstuffs and funds is most commendable.
We pledged to fill the green bags monthly and to help them fundraise to fill the Food Pantry shelves and to offset the $7000. cost of their participation at the Global Competition in Tennessee on May 20th. If you would like to add your donation, please send a check to payable to "Project Sunapee" with the memo "SCES-DI" to Project Sunapee / PO Box 594 / Sunapee NH 03782
Collection bags are available at the Abbott Library. Everyone please keep filling those bags and then take them to the Safety Services Bldg. and deposit contents inside the front door. Keep the bags to refill and help end hunger among NH school children. "Give Hope, End Hunger, Donate Cans"
read more (pdf)
2013 was not only 'the year of the bridge',
Project Sunapee also ...
- Elected Karen Vachon, Tim Fenton and Rob Gallup to the board in January.
- Sponsored SMHS Oral History Project and the 8th Grade Prom at Harbor House Livery.
- Collaborated w/ SMHS to organize "FLASH BASH" a student photo show at HHL in May
- In July had a Gatsby-esque fundraising party "Flights of Fancy"w/ 225 revelers.
- Participated in the Chamber's "Meet & Greet" during Hospital Days , sharing the PS mission and bridge project.
- In September we celebrated the Opening of Sunapee's Sugar River Covered Bridge with 400+ community members!
- 2nd Annual Arts & Crafts Exhibit & Sale was held at HHL on Columbus Day weekend.
- A Time Capsule was buried at the bridge site.
- Sponsored SMHS Government & Law class attendance at "Twelve Angry Men" at Northern Stage.
- "Haunted Harbor Halloween" edition #4 ... PS's 'treat' for the kids in community.
- Provided consultants for the SMHS Jr. class Business Initiative program in December.
- Continued to fund raise and offer stepping stones for sale as part of the bridge project.
- Provided ongoing support of the Sunapee Food Pantry and the Holiday Giving Tree, provided refreshments at the town deliberative session and donated roping and bows for "Welcome to Sunapee" signs as a holiday greeting.
Obviously this was not accomplished by PS Board alone. We were aided and abetted and blessed by community partners, town administration support, generous donors, friends and volunteers who gave of their time and talents to help further the mission of "nurturing the roots of our community". Thank you one and all !